MARK T. SKINNER WEST SCHOOL NEWSLETTER
2019-2020 School Year
Week #12: November 29 - December 6
Additional Teacher Assistants
As part of the new teacher's contract, we now have additional assistants in the K-2 classrooms
2019 - 2020 Family Income Form
Please fill out and submit family income form
at your earliest convenience! We must get to 90 % submission. We are at 50%.
Thank you for your cooperation.
PTO Presents: Chicago Bulls vs. Charlotte Hornets
BULLS VS. HORNETS
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 13 | 7:00 P.M. CT
Enjoy a legendary outing at a Chicago Bulls game with Skinner West students, faculty, family and friends.
Purchase tickets HERE
with special discount code "skinnerwest"
Purchase tickets at a discounted price now, and for every ticket sold, 30% of the proceeds will go towards supporting enrichment activities for Skinner West Superstars.
Share the excitement of Bulls basketball and the NBA's leading entertainment experience as the team takes on the Hornets.
Support Skinner West and be a part of Bulls Nation today!
Can't go to the game? To help expand the types of support given to the school, please also consider donating the price of a ticket to the PTO.
The discounted ticket price is:
300 Level, Rows 8-17 (baseline): $32.40 (regularly $44.80)
Gallery 111 Next Meeting is Wednesday, December 4th
Gallery111 would like to invite all members of the Skinner West Community to attend their next meeting,
- Wednesday, December 4
- Room 316 of Main Building
We are currently planning for this year's gala and could use help soliciting donations.
If you cannot attend and would like to help us secure donations, please email Mrs. Christiansen at email@example.com
Friends of Skinner West (FOSW) Needs your help!
Please consider directing your charitable contributions towards Friends of Skinner West (FOSW)! We are a 501c3 and 100%of funds raised go back into the school.
You can contribute in one of two ways:
- Direct contributions to FOSW can be made via Quickpay/Zelle or Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consider asking your employer if they match contributions
- FOSW will also be hosting our 7th annual Holiday Giving Drive.
- Our giving drive helps Skinner West students in need with warm clothing and gifts for the winter season
- You can sponsor a child yourself or share sponsorship with other friends and families
- Sign up HERE
- Any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
November Principal's Report
November Principal's Report can be found HERE
BOOKS NEEDED at the New Branch Library!
Thank you FOSW, Mrs. Clark, and Branch Parents for your support in creating our new Branch Gross Motor Room & Library/Computer Lab! Now we need additional books to fill the new Branch Library!
Superstar Parents of older children, take this chance to clean off those books shelfs before the Holidays and drop off Gently Used Pre-school, Kindergarten, & First Grade Level books to the Branch!
Drop off can be at either 225 S. Aberdeen or the main school building.
We will have volunteers picking up and helping Librarian Ms. Rantfl transport and organize. If we get alot of books, unused books will be donated to Open Books for other Chicago schools in need.
Have questions or other donations?
Contact Amanda Rzepka
Mom to Kindergarten Student Simon R.
Winners of the Sylvan Learning / NMSI Grand Stem Challenge 2019
CONGRATULATIONS to our winners
for the 2019 Sylvan Learning / NMSI Grand Stem Challenge
- Tanmay G. (6th grade) and Raajt R. (6th grade)
- They created an invention using the electonic textiles "Skyline of the City of Chicago"
- They showcased main attractions in Chicago like Millennium Park, Navy Pier, Willis Tower, and John Hancock Tower
- Tvisha H. (5th Grade) and Hridhaan V. (4th Grade)
- They created a "Happy Quizzing Book" which is an electronic quiz book with LED switch for all options
- They presented the invention process and basic circuitry by practicing collaboration and developing design-thinking skills
All the kids had a great experience to enjoy and learn STEM!
Save the Date: Gallery 111 17th Annual Gala!
Save the Date for the 17th Annual Skinner West No Art Left Behind Gala, supporting the arts at Skinner West School.
- Saturday, February 29th
- National Museum of Mexican Art
Picture Day is Wednesday, December 11!
Skinner West's Picture Day is just around the corner. Order this season's school picture today!
Date ; Wednesday, December 11th
Picture Day ID: EVT4CS3RR
Order your pictures HERE!
LSC Election Kick Off on December, 4th
We hope that you can join Board President Miguel del Valle and Dr Janice Jackson to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of our Local School Councils
More information can be found here.
Selective Enrollment Deadline Extended to December 13th
High school and Elementary school selective enrollment deadline on gocps.edu has been extended to 12/13/2019
Enjoy Winter Adventures at Brooklyn Boulders!
for more information on
- After school activities on Thursdays (Dec 5th - Feb 20th)
- Full day Adventure programs on Thanksgiving and Winter Break
All comments, suggestions or requests to submit information to this newsletter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications Volunteers are welcome. Donate your time to help increase communications and contact us!
Would you like to add another parent, guardian or caregiver?
Text SKINNERNEWS to 22828 or click
(Messaging & data rates may apply)
Deborah M. Clark